We are no longer accepting applications for funding. Thank you for your interest in our process, see below to learn more on our funding strategy. For any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Constellation Philanthropy is a community of individuals working together to improve early childhood outcomes in Colorado. Constellation Philanthropy’s main vehicle for grantmaking is the Investment Forum, a half-day of organization “pitches” and Q&A sessions that will happen 2 times per year in 2021, and 3 times in 2022. Each member of the Constellation community maintains complete decision-making control over their philanthropic dollars, investing only in the opportunities that spark their interest.
To secure a pitch spot at a Constellation Philanthropy Investment Forum, the first step of three is for an organization to submit a letter of interest outlining an idea that impacts the prenatal to age five population in Colorado and is tied to a specific funding request.
Constellation Philanthropy works to support nonprofits who improve and shape the early childhood system within Colorado through supporting innovative and pioneering projects. The COVID-19 crisis provides the need for hope, creative recovery, and innovative improvements in how Colorado supports its future through the strong development of its youngest residents and their families.
Constellation Philanthropy wants to be a part of this work to instill hope and seize on the opportunity in the system by focusing the next grantmaking session on scalable innovation, systems transformation, and empowerment of bold, forward-thinking leadership.
Proposals best suited for success:
- Non-profit organization.
- Geared toward early childhood and related to the Colorado Early Childhood Framework focus areas of family support, health & well-being, or learning & development.
- Clearly demonstrate a “why” with a clear ask from the community versus a top-down solution.
- Focused on populations with the greatest need throughout Denver Metro, although we consider proposals throughout the state of Colorado-based on a clearly demonstrated need.
- Strong potential for scaling either up, out, and/or deep. [McConnell Framework]
- Able to communicate organizational and project goals surrounding diversity, equity, & inclusion.
- In the range of $50,000 – $100,000 for one to two years. Our average gift size is $125,000 for one year.