Constellation Philanthropy aspires to identify, evaluate and support bold new ideas that could dramatically improve early childhood development in our state.
Constellation Philanthropy’s main vehicle for presenting opportunities to members is the Investment Forum, a half-day pitch and Q&A session that happens 3 times per year. After a short pitch from the organization’s leader, members have the opportunity to ask questions and then decide whether to offer their support and at what level. Members can make the decision whether to offer their support at any level they choose.
Our investment committee, comprised of members and 2 community memberes, prioritizes the following factors when considering an opportunity:
- Non-profit organization.
- Geared toward early childhood and related to the Colorado Early Childhood Framework focus areas of family support, health & well-being, or learning & development.
- Clearly demonstrate a “why” with a clear ask from the community versus a top-down solution.
- Focused on populations with the greatest need throughout Denver Metro, although we consider proposals throughout the state of Colorado-based on a clearly demonstrated need.
- Strong potential for scaling either up, out, and/or deep. [McConnell Framework]
- Able to communicate organizational and project goals surrounding diversity, equity, & inclusion.
- In the range of $50,000 – $100,000 for one to two years. Our average gift size is $125,000 for one year.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us regarding an idea or your organization.